The main focus during development was to ensure high reproducibility and to meet the latest requirements for high-end semiconductors with minimum structure sizes.
- Five-partitioned chamber for easy installation and removal of hotzone parts
- Mirror-polished, water-cooled chamber inner surfaces made of high-quality stainless steel to minimize contamination
- State-of-the-art technology in accordance with accepted safety rules and regulations
- High-precision bearings and seals prevent pendulum movement of the (seed) crystal in all phases of the pulling process
- A low-ripple switching power supply allows the use of magnetic fields without causing vibrations in the hot zone. Different types of magnets can be used (CUSP or transversal)
The drive units and rotation motors of CGS1218 are controlled by a closed loop system and are not influenced by voltage inputs, torque fluctuations or magnetic fields. The entire crystal growth process can be controlled by a programmable logic controller (PLC). Safety features are among others a complete SiO oxidation during the process as well as a TÜV certified safety system for the crystal cooling device.